1. You may prepare for this exam by practicing these exercises as many times as you wish.
2. The possible exercises are posted on this website in the Sightreading section under Exercises 51-60.
3. On the day of the exam, you will sing in alphabetical order during your class period.
4. Failure to attempt the exercise will result in a grade of zero. All properly completed performances will receive at least partial credit. Completing the exercise with the correct syllables and rhythms will insure a passing grade. High grades will be given to students who complete the exercise with correct syllables, correct rhythms and correct pitches.
5. On the day of the exam, you will go individually to a recording room where you will sing your exam. A taping monitor will also be in the room to record, keep time and insure that the rules are followed.
6. Each student will be given one opportunity to sing the exercise.
7. When you enter the room, you will draw a number to indicate which exercise you will sing. This number will be recorded on the monitor's control sheet. You will also need to confirm your student ID number at this time.
8. You will be given a card containing the exam exercise. You may not write on this card.
9. You will hear a recording that contains DMSMDSD in the proper key. You will also hear the first pitch.
10. You may now practice for 30 seconds.
11. The recording will call time and again repeat Step 9. You will hear instructions that you may begin.
12. The monitor will begin the recording of your performance. You will have 30 seconds to complete your singing. After this time, the tape will say, "Stop" which will end your performance time.
13. Give your exercise card to the monitor and return quickly to class.
14. When all auditions are complete and graded, we will post your performance in your Grade file. You will need your student ID number in order to log into your account.